Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Omigod, its a BLOG!

Well friends, my husband talked me into this. So here goes! I've been writing about travel and traveling about writing for years. Time for a blog I guess. I have a few ideas about getting together some travel writers/photographers/documentarian-types this summer to start a travel tales group. Perhaps at a pub - where we can discuss travel writing and share our work. I'd like to invite friends to send me ideas, poetry, whatever they are working on. Who would like to shoot for an August rendezvous somewhere in the Twin Cities? Any ideas about venues, especially a place where they wouldn't mind a regular meet-up and might even have dvd equipment available. I'll be in town for another month before heading to India for a few weeks. Would like to use this blog to generate some ideas and stir up a buzz.

Comments:
This is a good idea. I can give you some tips on promoting your blog, if you like.

For starters, go to http://blogs.citypages.com/mnblogs/
and send them your blog URL.

Then register at Technorati.com see what other people are blogging about travel. You can also "claim" your blog. You will be able to see when others link to your blog.
 
I think that's very true. I've cut my travel down 90% over the past few years as I've grown more aware and concerned about this issue. Please let us know if you have further resources about this. Thanks for commenting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?